Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pig Out

There is finally justification for my obesity. Fine, maybe I'm not categorically 'obese', but I definitely relate to the feelings described in this article.

Today I was "forced" to go to Virgil's BBQ for lunch in times sq with co-workers. This place is the poster child for health. The hung over guy next to me proceeded to order appetizers for the table.. onion rings, hush puppies, chicken wings, train wreck fries. If you have not had the pleasure of train wreck fries, let me describe. A steaming skillet is placed on the table with a mound of french fries smothered and covered in cheddar cheese, bacon, scallions, and jalepenos all drenched in ranch dressing. It's amazing. After everyone filled up on the appetizers, we decided instead of ordering individual meals, we'd just share entrees for the table. So we ordered the Pig Out Special (ribs, brisket, pulled pork, Texas sausage), 2 plates of ribs, and 6 sides. I am so thankful (for America's sake) that this food was not eaten. Don't worry, it wasn't wasted. We brought it back for the interns.

Too bad it's 3 hours later and I still feel myself expanding. It's just too hard to say no to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment