Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lowest common denominator.

First things first! I can't even begin to tell you how inspired I've been by the lovely ladies who make up the Tacos to Truffles runnin' crew. With each new post I've found myself humbled, inspired and more importantly starving. Individuals to their very core, each possesses a similar ability to focus on the bigger picture without losing sight of the delicious details that truly make a meal. And as I've sat in awe of my darling friends over these past few weeks, I've come to realize that this is one gift I almost certainly do not share.

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't have the most refined of palletes. Born the child of food snobs, I spent the better half of my formative years rebelling against almost anything they put in front of me. I'm ashamed to say that at the tender age of 13, on the front leg of a month-long European getaway, I turned down a trip to the newly opened Balthazar. All I needed to know about food was that it tasted better when fried.

While most of me would kick my 13 year-old self today, my penchant for crap food remains intact. I am by no means a food snob. If it comes deep-fried and dyed I'm happy. Afterall, I'm the girl who all too recently spent an evening wrapped in a mink coat while chowing down on some buffalo wings. Oh and I was in bed at time! And worse yet, I'm not the tiniest bit embarassed by it.

I use food just like I use everything else in my tiny world; strictly for my pleasure. Maybe I watched Auntie Mame a few too many times as a kid, but as far as I'm concerned, life is to be enjoyed. So if it's 10am and I have a hankering for chicken fingers, guess what's for breakfast?

It's getting late but before I go I'd like to make a promise to each of you. I vow that on each and every humpday I will lead you on a quest to find New York City's guiltiest of pleasures. Since I'm useless to you in practically every other way, I hope you'll have me as I am. Slow-cooked, deep-fried and most decidedly smothered with cheese.

Love you mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment